One of the region’s rising economic titans is the Philippines, which is located in Asia and the Pacific. The Philippines has the strongest international student density of Indian medical students seeking to study MBBS in the Philippines making the Philippines become an educational center in the South East Asian region. If you want to study MBBS in the Philippines, one of the finest decisions you’ve made this year is to do so.
You opted to study medicine in the Philippines. Have you done enough research? The finest study abroad consultancies in Delhi will assist you in choosing the best medical college in the Philippines for your medical education if you haven’t already done so. Your academic and moral development as a doctor will be aided by picking a suitable college in the nation where you choose to pursue medicine.
Best MCI/ NMC Approved Medical Colleges in the Philippines with Fees Details
- Lyceum Northwestern University, Pangasinan: INR 16,00,000
- Davao Medical School Foundation, Davao: INR 30,00,000
- UV Gullas College of Medicine, Cebu: INR 17,00,000
- University of Perpetual Help System Dalta, Manila: INR 19,00,000
How to choose the right college?
When it comes to selecting the best medical school, making the proper decision is critical. It would be extremely difficult to reverse a choice after it has been made. Applicants should verify that the medical school they chose meets global norms and has cutting-edge training opportunities. The following factors should be kept in check while making the right choice of college:
- Medical School/University Age and Reputation
- Quality of Education-Teaching Methodology, Similarity with Indian MBBS Course Recognition by WHO, Medical Council of India (MCI)
- The number of connected hospitals and beds in clinical practice
- NEXT/FMGE-Foreign Medical Graduate Exam Coaching During the Medical Course
- Infrastructure / Facilities such as a library, on-campus housing, and so on.
- College location and average number of outpatients each day
- Lodging Facility & Student Security
- Tuition for the medical program and living expenses
MBBS in the Philippines: Course Structure
In the Philippines, MBBS is known as MD and is a combination of Bachelor of Science (BS) and Doctor of Medicine (MD). It is a 6-year curriculum that includes an internship in the last year. While the remainder of the degree is devoted to studying medicine and clinical training, the initial 16 months are dedicated to the Bachelor of Science program. By the end of the fifth year, students are sent to various health centers, hospitals, and medical centers where they will get practical medical training, participate in clinical rotations, and work under the supervision of physicians and specialized medical practitioners to prepare and train them.
What does the Philippines have to offer to medicine education enthusiasts?
- An integrated educational strategy that focuses on students’ conceptual and applied capabilities
- The curriculum pattern is mostly based on the US school system – MBBS is known as MD in the Philippines (Doctor of Medicine)
- Universities that are accredited by MCI, WHO, FAIMER, and WFME are good places to study MBBS overseas.
- Tuition fees are low for International students.
- After completing your degree, you will have the chance to work in a variety of nations.
- There is no language barrier as English is a commonly spoken language
- There is no requirement for IELTS and TOEFL exams.
- Different cuisine, including Indian delicacies, to satisfy the homesick foodies!
Highlights for Indian students to pursue MBBS in the Philippines:
An Indian applicant must fulfill these eligibility criteria to study medicine in the Philippines:
- He/ She must be 17 years or above as of the 31st day of December of the admission year
- General category: A minimum aggregate percentage of 50% in PCB
- SC/ST/OBC/PWS category: A minimum aggregate percentage of 40% in PCB
- Qualifying NEET
MBBS Admission Process in the Philippines for international students:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the medical university, Fill out the application forms.
Step 2: Submit scanned copies of your passport, and other vital documents with the application, to apply for the letter of permission
Step 3: Apply for the visa after receiving admission confirmation
Step 4: Appear for a Personal Visa Interview at the Philippines Embassy in either of the locations- Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, or Chennai
Step 5: Immigrate to the Philippines to pursue your dream career!
Admissify is the best foreign education consultancy when it comes to taking care of aspirants’ queries to study abroad. To know more about Admissify visit our online page and get counseled by the experts, free of cost!