Today, mental health is considered to be one of the most important parameters of good health. And, that is why you will find a huge demand for the number of professionals from the field of psychology. Apart from being one of the most in-demand professionals, you also get one of the highest salary packages in Psychology in Canada. If you have already completed a postgraduate course in Psychology then you can pursue a PhD in Psychology, to advance your career or practice in Canada. If you are an international student reading this, you can consider Canada as one of the best study abroad destinations for the Psychology Doctorate.
You will come across a number of specializations in the field, like clinical psychology, educational psychology, child psychology, counselling psychology, and so on. You can also connect with a study abroad consultant, to get more insight on this subject. If you have made the decision of studying abroad, and that too a Doctorate in Psychology, then read on.
Reasons To Do Your PhD in Psychology From Canada
Before you know how to go about it, you should know the reasons why you should choose Canada as your educational destination. Here are a few reasons why you should pursue your doctorate in Canada.
- Canada is one of the countries that has numerous prestigious colleges and universities. The study abroad consultants in Delhi will also echo the same thoughts. There are at least 18 universities in Canada where you can pursue your doctorate.
- When you compare the fees with that of any other nation, like the USA or the UK, you are most likely to find out that it is low.
- There are lots of job opportunities for psychologists in Canada. The last few years, during the pandemic have seen the number of positions growing in numbers as well. After many people lost their near and dear ones and many lost their jobs, mental health had gone for a toss. So, now, the Canadian government is taking this very seriously, and nearly every establishment has a psychologist. Thus, the best study abroad consultants in Delhi is quite positive about their work prospects.
Eligibility Criteria and Admission Requirements
According to the best overseas education consultants in Delhi, you need to check the eligibility criteria, before making up your mind to pursue a doctorate program from one of the prestigious universities in Canada.
- If you want to pursue PhD in Canada, that too in Psychology, then you must have completed your master’s in Psychology first. It can either be MA or MSc. Moreover, you should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or a B+. However, this is not the only criterion for admission.
- As with other international students, you must take the English language proficiency tests and score a minimum of 6.5 in IELTS, or 90 in TOEFL.
- Some universities in Canada also ask for GRE scores. So, you can ask about that, from the best overseas education consultant in Delhi for Canada. They have university and college specific knowledge.
- International students have to get a Canadian student visa as well. Moreover, you will be able to get the study permit, after you have received the offer letter from the university.
According to the best Canada consultants in Delhi you must also keep a few documents and certificates handy. They include the certificates and letters of recommendations from the previous university which you attended, English language test marks, Master’s degree certificate, Statement of Research, CV, Writing samples, and Police verification reports.
Admission Process in Canada
The general application deadline followed by most universities in Canada is 1 December. You should ensure to keep the following in mind. Additionally, the best UK education consultants in Delhi will guide you on the process, if you rope them in.
- You have to keep a tab on the number of intakes the university has advertised on its site.
- Always review all the eligibility criteria and admission requirements. If you have any doubts, do get in touch with the study abroad consultants Guwahati.
- You have to complete the online application, and submit the non-refundable fee.
- You have to submit your documents, research project, and also look for a suitable supervisor.
- Track your application.
- After you get the confirmation, pay the enrolment or admission fees, and proceed with other formalities as advised.
You can also contact Admissify, who are the best overseas consultants in the country. They are in the education consultancy business for decades, so they can give you the best information about the processes, courses, and available scholarships. You can contact them over email or a quick phone call.